A new update will be made available on the WordPress repository on Remembrance Day (that’s 11th November) 2011. In my opinion, this release is quite a large update with a mixture of new features, mechanical changes, and bug fixes. Most were a result of your suggestions and feedback so keep at it http://dublue.com/plugins/toc/
Here’s the changelog (it may change slightly between now and then though):
- New: option to adjust the font size. Thanks to DJ for the suggestion. The default remains at 95%.
- New: advanced option to select the heading levels (1 to 6) to be included. Thanks to those that hinted about wanting to achieve this.
- New: you can now have the TOC appear in the sidebar via the TOC+ widget. Thanks to Nick Daugherty and DJ for the suggestion.
- The TOC shortcode now supports the heading_levels attribute to allow you to limit the headings you want to appear in the table of contents on a per instance basis. Separate multiple headings with a comma. For example: include headings 3, 4 and 5 but exclude the others with
- The TOC shortcode also supports the wrapping attribute with possible values: left or right. This lets you wrap text next to the table of contents on a per instance basis. Thanks to Phil for the suggestion.
- Better internal numbering system to avoid repeated headings. This means that for non-repeated headings, there is no trailing number in the anchor.
- Fixed: repeated headings on the same level are no longer broken. For users with international character sets, please report any strange garbage characters in your headings (eg a character ends up being a question mark, square symbol, or diamond). Thanks to Juozas for the assistance.
- Fixed: removed PHP notices on a verbosely configured PHP setup.
- Fixed: suppress TOC frame output when heading count was less than the minimum required.
- Consolidated information about shortcodes and their attributes into the help tab.
- Note: when removing the last TOC+ widget, please make sure you disable the “Show the table of contents only in the sidebar” option otherwise your table of contents won’t appear where you’d expect. I will look to address this in the future.