The 1108 release is now available in the WordPress repository. Here are the changes:
- New: option to hide the title on top of the table of contents. Thanks to Andrew for the suggestion.
- New: option to preserve existing theme specified bullet images for unordered list elements.
- New: option to set the width of the table of contents. You can select from a number of common widths, or define your own.
- Allow 3 to be set as the minimum number of headings for auto insertion. The default stays at 4.
- Now accepts heading 1s (h1) within the body of a post, page or custom post type.
- Now creates new span tags for the target rather than the id of the heading.
- Now uses the heading as the anchor target rather than toc_index.
- Adjusted CSS styles for lists to be a little more consistent across themes (eg list-style, margins & paddings).
- Fixed: typo ‘heirarchy’ should be ‘hierarchy’. Also thanks to Andrew.
- Fixed: addressed an issue while saving on networked installs using sub directories. Thanks to Aubrey.
- Fixed: closing of the last list item when deeply nested.
Still to come:
- Back to top links
- Better customisation of colours