- New: option auto insert after the first heading. Thanks to @thelawnetwork for requesting it.
- New: allow headings to be excluded from the table of contents. This is available both globally under the advanced section of Settings > TOC+ and individually with the TOC shortcode. Check out the help material for examples. Thanks to the many of you that requested it.
- New: advanced option to lowercase all anchors. The default is off.
- New: advanced option to use hyphens rather than underscores in anchors. The default is off.
- New: shortcode to list all posts in alphabetical order grouped by first letter.
- New: added Slovak translation, curtesy Branco Radenovich.
- Add version numbers to CSS/JS files to better support setups that cache these files heavily for timely invalidation. Thanks to boxcarpress for the amendments.
- Add CSS class ‘contracted’ to #toc_container when the table of contents is hidden. Thanks to Sam for suggesting it.
- With smooth scroll enabled, do not use an offset if no admin bar is present and the offset value is default. This means that public users do not have the offset space at the top.
- New help material for developers under the help tab.
- Added API function: toc_get_index() lets you retrieve a table of contents to be placed within PHP. Check out the new developer help material for examples.
- Allow anchors to be filterable using toc_url_anchor_target to customise further through code. Check the new developer help material for an example. Thanks to Russell Heimlich for the tip.
- Adjust CSS and JS registration.
- Updated jQuery Smooth Scroll to 1.4.10.
- Fixed: When using the widget, addressed an issue where the index with special characters (such as ‘ and “) would not link to the correct spot within the content. Thanks to esandman for raising it.
- Fixed: Saving at Settings > TOC+ resets TOC+ widget options. Thanks to Chris for reporting it.
If you run into issues, or have suggestions, please make them at http://dublue.com/plugins/toc/